Mumbai police have arrested another person, who directed nude films for OTT platforms, in reference to a pornographic films racket busted last week, taking the entire number of these held within the case thus far to nine, including an actress, a politician said on Wednesday. the town crime branch’s property cell nabbed the ninth accused, aged 40 years, from Surat in Gujarat on Tuesday night, he said, adding the accused wont to direct films that
cast actors in nude and send them to OTT (Over-the-Top) platforms.
This accused has been involved in such acts for a year, the official said. He was produced before a court here, which remanded him in police custody till February 15.
Last week, the police’s property cell conducted a raid on a bungalow at Madh in Malwani area here and busted a racket of creating pornographic films with struggling models and actors and uploading them on social media apps and websites.
Initially, five people were arrested and later, three more persons were nabbed, the official said.
The arrested persons include an actress and a representative of a far off production house, he said. The police have thus far registered two FIRs, including one after a lady alleged that she was forced to act in porn films, the official said.
During the raid last week, the police seized six mobile phones, a laptop, cameras, memory cards and other equipment worth Rs 5.68 lakh.
The accused are booked under relevant provisions of the Indian legal code , the knowledge Technology Act, and therefore the Indecent Representation of girls (Prohibition) Act, the official added.